5G has been in development for a very long time. After a long struggle, it has launched in some parts of the world. UK and USA are the primary markets with telecommunication carrier like Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. soon launching its service. With a faster network on the horizon, we thought to list all the upcoming phones that will be able to use 5G modem.
- Samsung S10 5G, Note 10+ 5G, Galaxy Fold: Samsung has developed its own chipset and modem for 5G. Exynos Modem 5100 is currently being used in Samsung phone. Samsung S10 5G and Note 10 + 5G are some of the best 5G phone available in the market. If you want to buy a phone now, we suggest you go for them. While Galaxy Fold will come back after solving some of its issues and it will also have 5G capability.
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G: This is the variant to the original 7 Pro. However, it has made some changes to it. Other than adding 5G, the phone has a faster refreshing rate which will make the screen look even more silky and smooth. OnePlus has also improved the internal cooling and antenna array. This makes this variant different from the original handset.
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 5G: This is Xiaomi first 5G phone, and it is a variation of Mi MIX 3 which was released in late 2018. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform and X50 5G modem to achieve 5G speed. Rest of the features are quite the same to the original handset, and it is a little cheaper than most 5G phone available in the market.
- Oppo Reno 5G: Oppo lately showed off a prototype of Reno 5G, and the phone looks like a high-end phone from a big company. The phone uses Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 processor and X50 modem. It hasn’t ditched the 3.5 mm audio jack, and the phone is likely to run on Oppo intelligent assistant Breeno. It will have 8GB of RAM and 256 GB of internal storage. The main attraction is the camera, it has three lens – a 48 MP primary sensor, a 13 MP telephoto lens, and an 8 MP wide-angle lens. Plus, all the standard feature you have in a high-performance phone.
- Huawei Mate X and Mate 20 X 5G: Although Huawei has been hampered by the USA government ban. The company has developed it’s own 5G chipset and modem called Balong 5000, boasting a 6.5Gbps max speed. It has also tested its 5G capability in a test run in Pakistan. With Google trying to help out Huawei, it seems like Huawei latest phone will have Android and 5G network.
- LG V50 ThinQ: LQ is again producing mobile phone after the successful launch of its 4G handset. Now they have release V50 ThinQ which has a 5G network. The phone has a 6.4-inch OLED display with five cameras. Three in front and two at the back. It has the standard Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor, an inbuilt cooling system and a 4000mAh battery. The phone also has an AI engine, which will do things like adjusting brightness automatically, provide enhanced search suggestion, etc.
- Sony Xperia 5G phone: No phone list is complete without Sony. The company is working on an Xperia 5G phone which is likely to have Snapdragon 855 and X50 5G modem. It will have a Cinema Wide OLED screen and a 21:9 aspect ratio. The phone is still under development, and the phone will release in early 2020.
The only major phone company that hasn’t revealed anything on 5G phone is Apple. However, you can still expect the company to release a 5G phone in 2020.