The occasion of ‘New Year 2018’ is almost here! In fact party lovers and enthusiasts have already started searching for some mind boggling ideas for celebrating the New Year’s night with much fun and frolic. However, instead of heading for a discotheque or hotel and nearby restaurant or simply spending the night in your city, you could do a bit different things this year.
Yes! You read it right! TravelRasoi has a list of top 5 pocket friendly destinations that are ideal for welcoming 2018 along with your friends and family members. Read on to discover more about these amazing places and find out what makes them perfect for engaging in New Year celebrations with your loved ones.
- Varanasi: Sounds a bit unusual and strange? Well! Don’t think too hard! Varanasi may not be the ideal place for drinking and clubbing but it definitely offers the much needed peace of mind along with ample scope for rekindling your soul and body.
Why go there? The city is blessed with some of the most remarkable temples such as the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Sankat Mochan Hanuman temple and Durga temple. Besides, you could also pay offerings at the Dasashwamedh Ghat and Assi Ghat.
What to do? From enjoying a spiritual tour with your family to watching amazing fireworks from the ghats and shopping around in the city, you can indulge in a number of activities at Varanasi.
- Manali: Isn’t that a hill station? Yes! It certainly is but apart from the breathtaking snow capped mountain views, the city has much more in store for you. In fact, Manali is the perfect destination for adventure lovers and go-getters, as it offers plenty of scope for trekking, mountaineering and sight-seeing.
(To read about Manali trip, click here)
Why go there? Manali is home to the famous Rohtang pass, Solang valley, Beas Kund, Hidimba temple.
What to do? Once in Manali, make sure you enjoy the sight of snow fall with your near and dear ones. You could also engage in other adventure activities like Zorbing, trekking, horse riding, paragliding, river rafting.
- Kasol: Don’t want to miss out on the fun, boozing and loud DJ music cum dance that you get to enjoy as part of New Year celebrations and parties. Well, then simply head to Kasol with your near and dear ones! Nestled amidst astounding hills, Kasol is the ideal budget friendly destination for families, groups and individuals.
Why go there? Apart from having the time of your life at a New Year party or get together, you could also take a trip to the Parvathi River, Manikaran Gurudwara, Kheer Ganga, Malana and Tosh.
What to do? Travelers have a number of options at Kasol starting with trout fishing, trekking, touring the Manikaran, river rafting and experiencing the hippie life at the amazing Tosh.
- Bhubaneshwar/Puri: If you are planning to spend the New Year’s evening at a beach, what’s better than visiting the Puri beach in the state of Odisha? Between Puri and Bhubaneshwar, you will get countless opportunities to hop around some local markets, spend wonderful moments by the beach side and visit the spiritual temples and other tourist destinations famous for their art & architecture.
(To read about Puri & Bhubaneshwar trip, click here)
Why go there? Bhubaneshwar and Puri together serve as a perfect holiday spot, especially for youngsters and families. From beach parties to sea food, beach side resorts, temples and historical places, there’s much to explore in the twin cities of Puri and Bhubaneshwar.
What to do? Add places such as Jagannath temple, Lingaraj Temple, Khandagiri & Udayagiri, Chilika lake and Konark and chandrabhaga to your bucket list. You will also find a number of inexpensive pubs, restaurants and hotels in case you wish to party all through the night.
- Shillong: Regarded as the rock capital of the country, Shillong is yet another spot perfect for celebrating the New Year’s night with fun loving friends and family members.
Why go there? In addition to partying hard, you can also pay a visit to the Elephant Falls, Mawsynram and Ward’s lake, Umiam lake and Shillong peak.
What to do? The city offers some of the most beautiful, sprawling and amazing meadows. You could also enjoy a trip to the Sacred Forest or simply watch the spectacular Sweet falls and Spread Eagle Falls.