Hara Bhara Kebab
I have always found palak (spinach) very fascinating. There are multiple ways in which palak can be used for preparing some of the most mouth-watering dishes such as palak paneer, palak corn, palak paratha, palak puri and many more. What’s even better is that palak is packed with healthy nutrients such as protein, iron, carbohydrates and calcium and magnesium that promote bone health and lower blood pressure levels as well as help us in preventing serious diseases such as cancer, diabetes and asthma.
Yes, palak can do all of that for you and more and since it is the winter season it is always a good idea to prepare palak based dishes. So, if you are planning to make good use of palak, then why not prepare the extremely delicious and easy to make Hare Bhare Kebab.
Kebabs are popular across India, especially chicken kebab that combines minced meat along with some tomatoes, onion and spices, which are either grilled or fried and served along with chutney. However, coming back to Hara Bhara Kebab, they are highly nutritious and melt in your mouth effortlessly. Hara Bhara Kebabs are usually enjoyed as an evenying snack and taste best with some spicy chutney.
You can easily prepare the snack at home with just a couple of ingredients that are almost always readily available in Indian kitchens. So, let’s take a look at the recipe for preparing the appetizing Hara Bhara Kebab.
- Spinach 2 cups
- Green peas 1 cup
- Boiled Potato 1 large
- Ginger chopped half a teaspoon
- Coriander leaves 3 tablespoons
- Green chili -1 (You can avoid it if you don’t want to make very spicy kebabs)
- Bread crumbs 3-4 tablespoon
- Cornstarch 1 tablespoon
- Chaat masala half teaspoon
- Cumin powder half teaspoon
- Amchur powder or Dried Mango powder half teaspoon
- Oil 2 tablespoons and 1.5 teaspoon
- Salt (to taste)
How to Prepare?
- Wash the spinach leaves properly and put them in pan.
- Place the pan on medium heat.
- Add water (one tablespoon) and let the leaves to cook for two minutes.
- Remove pan from the gas top and set them aside.
- Place the pan back on the cook top and add 1.5 teaspoon oil.
- After heating the oil, add some ginger (chopped) as well as green chili and let it sauté for around thirty seconds.
- Next, add some green peas as well as the spinach leaves.
- Let the spinach leaves and peas cook until there is little or no moisture remaining in the pan.
- Allow this entire mixture to cool down and then put it in a blender and form a paste.
- Transfer this mixture to another bowl and then put some potato (boiled) to it.
- Also add chaat masala, salt, amchur powder, cumin powder and corn starch and mix it well.
- Next, add some bread crumbs into this mixture and mix it well to form dough.
- Take some dough and give it a round shape.
- Make as many round shaped patties as you can form using the dough.
- Heat some oil (2 tablespoon) in the pan and place it on the cook top.
- Place your patties on the same pan and fry them until they turn golden brown in color from both the sides.
So finally you Hara Bhara Kebab is ready to be served. Serve your patties hot along with some tomato ketchup and coriander chutney!
Read More :