Sewaiyaan Kheer is a traditional popular Indian dessert. It is easy and quick to make and also liked by everyone. Sewaiyaan looks like a thin spaghetti but are made with different ingredients. Making vermicelli kheer does not take much time, and so I try to suggest this to everyone. Even when unexpected guests arrive at my place sometime, the first thing that comes to my mind is always the Sewaiyaan kheer. It is also liked by my kids and they would not only finish it but will also ask for more.
With the festive season around the corner, Sewaiyaan kheer can work wonders for you if you include it in your menu.
|Sewaiyaan roasted (vermicelli)||½ cup|
|Cardamom powder (ilachi)||1/8 teaspoon|
|Saffron strings||10-11 strings|
|Almonds||2 tablespoons (crushed)|
Method of Preparation:
- Pour oil in a non-stick bottom frying pan. Roast the sewaiyaan for about two minutes on medium low heat.
- Add the milk;after it comes to a boil reduce the heat to medium. Let the milk boil for about 30 minutes, until it is reduced to almost half. Keep scraping the sides of the frying pan.
- Add sugar, saffron, cardamom and almonds. Let the Sewaiyaan kheer simmer over low heat.
- Turn off the heat.
- Thesewaiyaan kheer will become thicker in texture after it starts to cool.
- It is ready to be served either chilled or warm. It can be served to 4-5 people.