I was starting to learn the A, B, C, D of cooking then when an unexpected guest turned up at our place one day for dinner and my mother came to my rescue by teaching me this special egg curry. This is presumably one of the easiest egg curries I have learnt till date and also helped me during those days after marriage when I was new to cooking.
I was overwhelmed with the response that I got from my guest to this dish and I tried making many modifications to it later, but it was never like the first time. So my learning was that some dishes when kept simple and easy taste better. This also becomes an easy dish for me when I am in no mood to cook special egg curry an elaborate dinner after a long day at work.
Special Egg Curry Recipe
The dish is extremely low on spices and is truly a healthy option, when you feel that you are having too much of spicy food of late. Try it and give us your feedback on it –
Ingredients for egg curry :-
|Boiled Eggs 2 (Cut into 2 equal halves)|
|Corn flour 2 tsp|
|Onion 2 small in number (cut them into half ring style)|
|Green chillies 1|
|Tomato Sauce 2 tbsp|
|Sugar Half tsp|
|Salt (according to taste)|
|Black Pepper powder Half tsp|
|Cinnamon 3 small pieces|
Method of Preparation for egg curry:-
- Make a fine paste of the corn flour by adding to it a few drops of water. Peel the boiled eggs and toss them in the corn flour batter. But first prick the eggs a bit with the fork so that the batter gets inside. Fry the eggs till they become slightly golden brown in colour.
- In the same pan, heat some oil. Sauté the cardamom, cinnamon and cloves and then fry the eggs till they become golden brown.
- Add salt and sugar to it and then the chilly
- Now pour the tomato sauce (since we are adding sugar to it, you can decide on the amount of tomato sauce you would like to have in it so that it does not become too sweet) and add one cup of water
- When the water comes to boil, add the fried eggs to it
- Sprinkle black pepper powder on top of it and serve it hot
– Samrita Baruah
Read More :