As the name of the dish ( Punjabi tadka macaroni) suggests, we tried giving an authentic Punjabi taste by making a few modifications to the original style of cooking and using ingredients found in Indian dishes. We tried to keep it as simple as possible for you to try at home.
You are at liberty of adding other vegetables besides the choice of vegetables we have provided. Using vegetables in Punjabi tadka macaroni is a considerable amount would also make this dish healthier and more nutritious for kids. So give it a try and come up with your feedback.
About recipe – Punjabi tadka macaroni
Preparation Time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 15 mins
Serving for – 3-4 people
Ingredients for Punjabi tadka macaroni
Macaroni – 2 -3 small cup
Refine/Olive Oil (or any oil of your choice)
Tomato – 1 large
Onion – 1 large
Green Bell Pepper – 1
Peas – ½ small bowl
Egg -1 (optional)
Masala (Dhania Powder, Garam Masala, red chili powder)
Sauce (Tomato, Chilly, Soya) – 2 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Process for Punjabi tadka macaroni
- Boil the macaroni for around 15 minutes (or till it becomes softer). Add a pinch of salt and few drops of oil so that the macaroni does not get sticky
- Remove it from the flame and wash it with cold water by placing the macaroni on a strainer
- Heat oil in another pan. Add chopped onions to it and sauté for 2 minutes till it becomes light brown
- To it add peas, chopped green bell pepper, tomatoes and salt and sauté for another 5 minutes
- Add all the masalas and egg and sauté it for another 2 mins. Add the boiled macaroni to it and mix all the ingredients together
Mix the sauces to the fried macaroni and sprinkle kasoori methi to add Punjabi flavor
- Serve Punjabi tadka macaroni hot by garnishing it with finely slit chilies and some coriander leaves. Enjoy the dish Punjabi tadka macaroni .
About Quick Recipe of Punjabi tadka macaroni
Quick Recipe is what every working lady looks forward to having it in her recipe menu, or for that matter anyone who wants to spend as little time as possible in the kitchen. We started this section with the simple thought that though we all love to cook, there are times when we need recipes that can be made with easily available stuff at home or which requires the least amount of time to be prepared.
The recipes we will be sharing on our blog in due course are the ones which everyone is aware of but we try making them easier and simpler so that anyone who is trying their culinary skills for the first time would not find cooking as tough as they expected.
We are open to feedback and comments from our readers that would further help us to come up with more interesting recipes.I hope you really liked reading about my delicious recipe for Punjabi tadka macaroni.
– Anjali Sethi Joshi
Read More :