Recipe of Nariyal laddoo
Narkel Naru or Nariyal (Coconut) laddoo is a delicacy prepared with love in every Bengali household during Durga Puja. I just eagerly wait for my mom to prepare this sweet and after she makes it, there is no stopping me as I lose count of how many I gobble up at one go!! As I am so fond of these laddoos, I am going to share the recipe with you today so that you don’t miss out on this delicious sweet. There are two varieties mainly – one is made from jaggery and the other made from plain sugar.
- Scraped coconut – 2 medium sized
- Simple or date palm jaggery – 1 cup
- Sugar –half cup
- Khoya – 1/3 cup
- In a non stick pan, take the scraped coconut, jaggery and sugar and mix them all with your hands.
- Place the pan on low heat. Keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn. In order to see that it is slowly forming a mass, cook this on a low flame.
- Add the jaggery as per your taste. Some like their laddoos to be clammy and also want the deep brownish colour; hence they add two to three tablespoon jaggery more.
- On a low flame keep stirring the mixture till the jaggery melts and blends well with the coconut. While stirring, when the mixture looks like little sticky, mix khoya in it.
- After small lumps start forming, turn off the heat and remove the mixture from the pan and put it on a plate.
- Now comes the difficult part. You need to bring them into a round shape by placing the hot mixture in your palm. They have to be made that way, because if the mixture cools down it won’t be possible to give them that perfect shape. Take two tablespoons of the hot mixture each time and roll into round shaped balls.
Similarly roll out the rest of the laddoos too.
– Suparna De
Read More :