Today being Sunday I got up a little late. After freshening myself, I had my morning tea and quickly scanned through the morning newspaper. My wife now entered the room and announced that she is going to be busy with laundry work and that I am required to help her in the kitchen and make some vegetable dishes so that by the time she finishes with her other work, I should be ready with at least one dish of vegetable and that should be tasty otherwise she will make everybody at home to eat only chapatti.
Adhering to her instruction I entered our kitchen room. Took out the vegetable basket to find out what all the vegetables are there. I quickly arranged the kitchen table with the selected vegetables, Condiments (Masalas) as follows:-
Capsicum – One cup (cut into half inch pieces)
Carrot – One cup (cut into half inch pieces)
Potato – One cup (half inch cube shape)
Peas – One Cup
Tomato – two large sizes (chopped)
Onion – One Cup (Cut into Flake shape)
Garlic – Four nos. (chopped)
Maggie Masala – One packet (Rs. 5/)
Black pepper – half tsp
Red Chilly Powder
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp (or as per taste )
Sugar – 1 tsp
- In a Fry pan heat up two tablespoon oil. Put all the vegetables including tomato.
- Add salt and steer fry for two minute in high flame.
- Now lower the flame and add raw onion flakes and chopped garlic, black pepper and vinegar.
- Steer fry and put a cover on the fry pan for 5 minutes. Take out the cover. Add two tablespoon water.
- Add Red chili powder, Maggie Masala (empty whole packet), add sugar. Steer fry for a minute.
- See the tenderness of the vegetables. Add one tablespoon butter and steer fry for a minute.
- Switch off the gas stove. Serve hot. Can be eaten with Rice or Chapatti. (Sufficient for 4 persons).
– SS DE