On the 7th day of Navratri, devotees worship Goddess Kaalratri. As per the Hindu mythology and scriptures, Goddess Kaalratri is a 4-armed deity who rides a donkey. She is renowned as one of the most destructive forms of Devi Parvati such as that of Ma Kali, Mahakali, Bhadrakali, Bhairavi, Mrityu, Rudrani, Chamunda, Chandi and Durga. In order to worship the goddess, devotees either offer jaggery or even some sweets made up of jaggery. The Prasad is also distributed among the Brahmins aside to Dakshina.
Gud Ki Kheer Recipe
Today, we will learn how to prepare Gud Ki Kheer. Check out the full recipe below:
Ingredients:- Gud ki kheer
- 3/4 cup sabudana
- 1 liter milk
- Cardamom powder
- 150-200gm Jaggery
- 1/2 cup water
- Ghee 2 tbs
- Dry fruits ( almond, cashew, raisins)
- Rinse the saboodana 2 or 3 times, and soak it for 1 hr.
- Pour milk into a deep vessel and let it boil.
- Add soaked sabudana to the milk and boil it till pearls turn transparent and soft
- Add Cardamom powder and mix well
- Boil the kheer for 10 minutes
- Turn of the gas let it cool down
- Melt jaggery by adding little water in a pot
- Strain jaggery syrup into the kheer and mix well.
- Roast some almond and cashew, raisins in ghee
- Add roasted dry fruits in kheer
- Jaggery – Gud ki kheer is ready for bhog.
By Chhaya Raghuvanshi
Read More :