Masala Sooji or rawa Idli recipe
one of the best meals, when you are not in a mood to cook, or wish for having something light. I cook sooji Masala Idli very often as everyone loves to have it in the afternoon or during breakfast, especially in weekends. And as such, South India food is always a favourite with my family; so instead of going out for a food outing, I ensure that I lure them into having food at home by making this special dish.
The best part of it is not taking much time to prepare and it is filling too. It is nutritious, delicious and very simple to cook at home. Do try it at home and let me know your feedback –
Ingredients : –
|Sooji/Rawa||1 small Bowl|
|Yogurt||1 small Bowl|
|1/2 Sachet ENO (Fruit salt)|
|1 Green Capsicum (Chopped)|
|1 large Onion (chopped)|
|1 large Tomato (chopped)|
|Cumin seeds||½ tsp|
|Salt (as per taste)|
|Red chili powder (as per taste)|
|Garam Masala (as per taste)|
- In a bowl take sooji (semolina) & yogurt and mix them well. Keep the batter for half an hour.
- Now for preparing the Masala, heat cooking oil/Ghee in a kadai, add cumin seeds and peas first and after stirring it well, close the lid for a few seconds. Add the chopped onion, capsicum and sauté for 1 minute. Now add small chopped tomatoes. Close the lid for 2 minutes.
- Add Salt, red chili powder, and Garam Masala as per your taste
- To the batter of yoghurt and sooji, after half an hour, add ½ sachet of ENO, salt and red chilli powder; mix the barter well.
- Take out the idli maker and grease it with a few drops of oil. Pour 1 spoonful of the batter into each of the idli maker slots and then place it into the cooker. Do not forget to fill the cooker with a cup full of water. Close the lid.
- Steam it for 10-12 minutes.
- Now take out the hot idlis and cut them into small pieces. Add these to the Masala prepared. Mix it very well and serve rawa idli recipe.
– Anjali Sethi Joshi
Read More :