Sweet Corn Pulao
Brown Rice Sweet Corn Pulao is not only an easy to make a dish, additionally, but it is also loaded with multiple health benefits as well. As we all know that brown rice is full of fiber and it contains magnesium, Vitamin B6 and phosphorous it is advisable to replace it with white rice in our cooking.
Pulao provides an opportunity to add your choice of vegetables further increasing the nutritive value of the dish. Here I have used sweet corn and carrots but you can use a variety of other vegetables like beans, peas, potatoes as per your preference. Ideally, Sweet Corn Pulao can be made for a quick lunch and even for a simple and light dinner.
What are we waiting? Let’s take a look at how we can make this delicious recipe:
List of Ingredients for making Sweet Corn Pulao:
1. Brown Rice: 1 cup
2. Sweet Corn: 1 Katori(boiled)
3. Carrot: 1(peeled and diced)
4. Onion: 1(chopped)
5. Jeera: 1 Tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Oil: 2 Tbsp
8. Water: 2 cups
9. Ginger: 1 tsp(grated)
10. Garlic: 2-3 cloves
11. Green Chilli: 1(cut into small pieces)
12. Coriander Powder: 1tsp
13. Green Chilli Sauce: 1tsp
14. Red Chilli Sauce: 1tsp
Instructions for cooking Sweet Corn Pualo:
Preparation to be done before you start cooking:
1. Soak brown rice in about 1 glass of water.
2. Chop all the vegetables.
3. Boil sweet corn and keep it aside.
Start making Sweet Corn Pulao:
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker and add jeera.
2. Once the jeera starts to crackle, add the chopped onions and green chilies.
3. When you see that the onions have turned lightly brown, add sweet corn and grated carrots.
4. Cook for 1 minute on low flame to avoid burning of the masala.
5. Then add chopped garlic and ginger.
6. Now its time to add salt and coriander powder.
7. After about half a minute add red and green Chilli sauce.
8. Let it cook for 1 minute and add the soaked brown rice.
9. Since we have taken 1 cup of brown rice, add two cups of water.
10. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it cook on high flame for 1 minute.
11. Reduce the flame to medium and wait for 3-4 whistles.
12. Turn off the gas and allow the cooker to settle on its own.
13. Open the lid and get ready to have drooled over the aroma of mouthwatering pulao .
Brown Rice Sweet Corn Pulao is ready to be served. It tastes delicious when hot and can be accompanied with raita or even plain
Read More :