I remember during my childhood days, when Gobhi Matar Keema used to be my favourite dish in the winters. With the advent of winters, requests start pouring out from all of us and Matar Gobi Keema will be one of them; we used to have it with so much relish. Till this day, whenever I prepare this dish, memories from my childhood days would come gushing out reminding me of those wintry days.
Cauliflower (Gobi) is nowadays available during every season; especially in metro cities, but my mom believes in a simple theory that “Gobi ka swad sardiyon mein hi hota hai” (she believes winter is the best season for cauliflower, the real taste comes out only this time).
Gobhi Matar Keema Recipe
Today we all wait for the winters, especially in anticipation of her special Gobhi matar Keema. I somehow feel that the flavor that ends up in my mouth by having the keema cooked by her cannot be experienced in any other dish. Also, this recipe becomes our family get-together recipe as whenever we all gather at our mom’s place, the special request is always for Gobhi matar Keema. So today, I am sharing my Mom’s special and my all time favorite Gobhi Matar Keema Recipe, which I presume you all will like.
Ingredients for gobhi matar keema –
|Cauliflower (Gobi)||1 Medium|
|Green Peas||½ Cup|
|Full cream Milk||1 ½ Cup|
|Salt||as per taste|
|Red chili powder||as per taste|
|Cinnamon (Dalchini) powder||Optional|
|Garam Masala||as per taste|
- Wash the Cauliflower (Gobi) and then grate it, also clean the peas.
- Heat cooking oil/Ghee in a kadai, add turmeric (Haldi powder), sauté for a few seconds and then add ½ cup of Peas (Matar) in a kadai. Close the lid for 5 minutes.
- Now add grated Cauliflower (Gobi) to it and sauté for around 5-10 minutes. While this is cooking, add 1 ½ cup of full cream milk and closed the lid for 5-10 minutes again.
- Add Salt, red chili powder, Dalchini (Cinnamon) powder and Garam Masala as per your taste
- And also add Cashewnuts and raisins for taste and sauté for 2-3 minutes. It is now ready to be served
- Serve hot with parathas and Roti
Mom Advice– Gobhi Matar Keema should be cooked in low flame as it requires patience and with that only the taste will expand in this recipe.
– Anjali Sethi Joshi
Read More :