The special occasion of Diwali always brings back fond memories to me – going for shopping, buying crackers, cleaning the house. One of my cherished moments from my early days however is the special mithai that is prepared at our home 2-3 days before Diwali. I still remember the festivities would begin for us when this Diwali ki special mithai, Besan ki Barfi would be prepared by Mom and the fragrance of Gram flour would fill our home. Today when I have become a mother myself, I made sure to carry forward the tradition and despite remaining busy, I try to take out some time before Diwali to prepare these sweets for my 2 year old twins who love having them. Also, I find this safe as this is prepared in hygienic conditions at home and you do not have to worry about any adulteration in it.
So while wishing it readers a Safe and a noise-free Diwali, TravelRasoi shares the recipe of this Special delicious and easy to make Besan ki Barfi with them.
Chaliye, Kuch Meetha ho jaye!
|Besan (Gram flour) :-||1 Large Bowl|
|Powdered Sugar : –||1 Large Bowl|
|Pure Ghee : –||2 Large spoon|
|Milk : –||1 small spoon|
- Heat the Ghee in a Kadai and as soon as it melts, add the besan (Gram flour) and sauté on low flame
- Agitate constantly till the besan is roasted completely and it begins to change in colour to a slight brown. You can also make it from the fragrance and then you know that it is time to add the powdered sugar and mix it well with the besan.
- Stir it well and now put few drops of milk in it and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Now take a tray and grease it with a few drops of ghee and pour the cooked besan into it
- As soon as it warms, cut it into squares and serve it on Diwali evening to guests and family.
– Anjali Sethi Joshi