Matar ki Kachori
Chilly winter weather often leaves us craving for spicy and flavorful food items. But, while all of us want to enjoy food, we don’t really want to spend our entire time in the kitchen. So, if you are looking for a quick and tasty winter food recipe that can be easily prepared at home, then Matar Kachori is definitely an excellent idea. Based on your preference, you can either prepare Matar Kachoris for morning breakfast or enjoy it during lunch and dinner time. Another huge advantage with this recipe is that almost all the ingredients used for preparing it are readily available at home.
In essence, Mattar Kachoris are fried and puffed pastries that are stuffed with green peas. They are spicy, tangy and delicious to the core and are perfect for pleasing your guests.
Below, take a look at our quick Matar Kachori recipe:
To prepare the dough you will need:
- All Purpose flour (Maida) 1 cup
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp
- Chilled water 1/2 cup
To prepare the Filling you will need:
- Green peas 1 cup
- Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Oil 1 tsp
- Red Chili Powder 1 tsp
- Fennel seed powder or Saunf 1 tsp
- Shreded Ginger 1 tsp
- Mango powder or amchoor 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
How to Prepare?
- In order to prepare Matar Kachori, you must first prepare the dough. For this, you must add salt, oil and flour into a bowl.
- Next, mix all these ingredients well.
- Now add water gradually and mix these ingredients together. Make sure that the dough is soft and not sticky.
- Cover your dough and leave it like that for around 15-20 minutes.
Preparing the Filling
- To prepare the filling, you must first heat oil in a pan.
- Now add your green peas and fry them until they become tender.
- Next add the coriander powder, ginger, chili powder, fennel seed powder, salt and mango powder and stir fry them for a couple of minutes.
- Make sure mash the peas while frying them. Use a spatula to do mash them nicely.
Final Step: Preparing the Kachoris
- Take your dough and knead it slightly.
- Divide it in 12 or more parts.
- Pick up 1 part and use fingers to flatten its edges. Make around two inch circle and make sure that the center is slightly thicker when compared to the edges. Mold your dough in the shape of a cup and put some filling (around one teaspoon) into the center.
- Next, pull the dough edges to ensure that your filling is fully wrapped.
- Prepare the remaining parts into small balls.
- Keep the balls aside for about 3-4 minutes.
- Now take the balls and press them using your palm to flatten them.
- Next, take some oil in the frying pan and heat it.
- Put your flattened balls (2-3) at a time and fry them. Once they puff, turn them around.
- Fry them until they turn golden or light brown in color (on both the sides).
- Lastly, remember that you should be frying your kachoris on medium and not high heat or else they would turn soft instead of being crispy.
Voila! There you are! Your crispy and yummy kachoris are ready to be served. Serve them with some potato curry or pickles or even with a cup of tea and enjoy a hearty meal with friends & family members.
Read More :