Not many of us love eating Beetroots but keeping in mind its health benefits, it is one super food which we should definitely include in our diet. The beautiful purplish
There are numerous ways in which we can include Beetroots in recipes which we make for our kids. Be it the delicious parathas or pooris or even vegetables and
Beetroots are rich in essential vitamins and they are a great source of fiber. Moreover, they are packed with iron, magnesium, Vitamin C and potassium.
I am sure we all have tried different varieties of cheela which our mums have made for us. Some of the popular ones are besan cheela and cheela made with grated potatoes. How about relishing some crispy cheela with beetroot in it?
Take a look at how you can make Beetroot Cheelas at home and here is the recipe for it.
- Besan 1 katori
- Rice Flour 1 katori
- Beetroots 2 small size
- Cumin Seeds 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Grated Ginger 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilli 2
- Chopped Coriander
- Spring Onion (chopped) half katori
- Oil 2 Tbsp
How to Prepare?
- Wash the beetroots properly and grate them.
- Put the beetroots in a big bowl and add besan and rice flour.
- Now add cumin seeds, salt, grated ginger, green chillies, salt, chopped spring onion, coriander and mix well.
- Add water little by little and make a smooth paste without any lumps of flowing consistency.
- Next, place a non stick tawa on medium flame and spread some oil on it once hot.
- Take the batter in a large spoon and spread it evenly on the non stick tawa.
- As the beetroot cheela changes colour and turns brown from its sides flip it and cook evenly from the other side as well.
The sweet and tasteful Beetroot Cheelas are finally ready. Enjoy hot with tomato ketchup, green chutney or any chutney of your choice.