Christmas is the perfect time to celebrate, engage in fun & frolic and create beautiful memories with your loved ones. Apart from singing Christmas carols as well as decorating the Christmas tree with balls, stars and fancy accessories, people in India also prepare a wide variety of recipes such as breads, rolls, desserts, cookies, biryani, tandoori chicken, roasted lamb and more on the occasion of Christmas. But, the Christmas cake holds its own special place in the menu and no Christmas party is ever complete without the inclusion of crunchy, chocolaty, nut-filled cakes. So, if you intend to prepare a special Christmas cake for your near and dear ones, then try your hands at our mouth-watering fruit cake recipe. Packed with goodness of dried fruits, nuts and other ingredients, the cake is rich, sweet and undoubtedly delicious to eat.
So, check out our quick yet delicious cake recipe and celebrate a memorable Christmas with your friends & family members this year.
Let’s Start With the Ingredients
Maid or All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
Eggs – 4
Sugar – 1 cup
Baking Soda – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Fruits and Nuts
Ground Nutmeg – 1 tsp
Please note: You will require five cups (in total) of dried fruits that must be fully chopped. Based on your preference, you could pick one or more of the below mentioned ingredients:
- Candied Cherries
- Candied Pineapples
How to Prepare?
- Fruit cake recipe for Christmas is indeed very simple to prepare. Below, take a look at the method for preparing the same:
- Put all your nuts and dried fruits in a bowl. Make sure that the bowl is large enough to gather allthe ingredient s.
- Next, sieve baking powder, flour, salt as well as the baking soda in this bowl and toss them all together.
- Take another bowl and put eggs in it to beat them properly. Now add vanilla essence and sugar in this bowl.
- Put this in the bowl consisting of dried fruits and other ingredients.
- Mix them well. Remember, this will require some time and effort from your end since the batter is thick and must be mixed thoroughly.
- Now prepare the pan for making the cake. You must grease it well with butter and also dust it with a generous amount of dry maida or all purpose flour.
- Add the cake batter to the pan and press it to make the top even.
- Next, bake the cake in an oven that has been preheated at 250°F for almost two hours.
- After one and a half hour, insert a knife into the cake to check whether it is ready or not.
- If you find that your knife has come out absolutely clean, then remove the pan from the oven.
- Allow your cake to cool down before removing the same from your pan.
- That’s it, your yummy fruit cake is ready to be served.
So, go right ahead and cut slices of your cake and serve them to your near and dear ones on the occasion of Christmas. Alternatively, you can also enjoy this cake as an evening snack.