Chef Harpal Singh this time wants you to make the most of the monsoon on a rainy evening by treating yourself to crispy, soft Ajwain ke pakodey. Indeed, think of a rainy evening and the first thing that comes to mind are pakodey, making them associated with it in the best possible way. Another situation is when a guest calls up on you without any prior intimation and standing inside the kitchen you try to run through in mind all those easy recipes that you can prepare with the available things at home. There cannot be a better option than to entertain your guests with these easy and simple to cook pakodey. It would not take much time and would also be liked by your guests. The best part – the ingredients used in it are easily available and not something you will have to hunt going from shop to shop.
Check out how Chef Harpal Singh makes it easy for you by explaining the recipe in a step by step process –
- Ajwain ke patte 20-25
- Gram flour (besan) 1 cup
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Baking soda a pinch
- Oil 3 tablespoon + to deep fry
- Chaat masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Whisk together Besan, ½ tsp red chilli powder, turmeric powder, baking soda, salt, asafoetida, 3 tbsps hot oil and sufficient water in a bowl to make a smooth batter. The batter should not be thick.
- Wash ajwain ke patte well and pat them dry. Cut them into small pieces.
- Add this to the batter and mix well. Heat oil in a pan, now pour small dumpling into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Sprinkle chaat masala and remaining red chilli powder. Serve hot.
– Harpal Singh Sokhi