Canon Bags 5 Different Awards at the Coveted TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2020
The company has been awarded for its innovative and superior quality products across varied product categories.
Canon, the leading provider of digital imaging products and technologies recently bagged 5 awards at the prestigious Technical Image Press Association (TIPA) WORLD AWARDS 2020. The company has won five different awards across varied product categories. With this win, the company has once again demostrated its ability to deliver innovation in the space of optical imaging and solutions. The company has also reinforced its position as one of the premier brands in the world of imaging and photography.
While, the company won the Best DSLR Advanced Camera award for Canon EOS 90D, it’s EOS-1DX Mark III grabbed the award in the DSLR Professional Camera category. Apart from this, PowerShot G7 X Mark III won an award in the Vlogging Camera segment whereas the RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM and RF 85mm F1.2L USM (DS) won in the Mirrorless Telephoto Zoom Lens as well Professional Portrait Lens segment respectively.
It must be noted that TIPA WORLD AWARDS are a highly prestigious imaging and photo awards worldwide. It honours as well as recognizes the companies alongside their products in the imaging and photo industry. It also acts a one of the prominent benchmarks, thereby guiding consumers in making an adequate purchase decision. The award organizers choose only the best products that are truly innovative and boast of superior quality and these products are later evaluated as well as awarded in different categories.
Following were the citation in honoring the products with awards in different categories.
The TIPA panellists have offered the following citations in honouring Canon’s award-winning products:
- Best Advanced DSLR Camera-Canon EOS 90D: The Canon EOS 90D is a fast, versatile and impressive camera that has strong appeal to the DSLR user who wants to have the latest in-camera technology. With a high-resolution APS-C 32.5MP sensor, Dual Pixel AF, 10 fps burst shooting, and 4K/30p video capture, it’s the perfect companion for the travel, family, sport or landscape enthusiast. The camera also has excellent in-camera Raw processing, very good battery life, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
- Best Professional DSLR Camera- Canon EOS-1DX Mark III: The flagship EOS-1DX Mark III is the highest performing DSLR ever created by Canon. It brings new breakthroughs in focusing along with extensive and professional level video capability. The sensor and imaging systems are new, allowing for numerous benefits including fast shutter speed, high burst rates and quality recording in low-light. Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS are on board, plus there’s an optional wireless transmitter for even faster transmission speeds.
- Best Mirrorless Telephoto Zoom Lens- Canon RF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM: The RF 70-200mm brings a classic tele-zoom focal length into the Canon RF family line-up. Long regarded as the optimum tool for a wide range of photography and environments, the lens highlights the advantages of marrying new lens design with mirrorless camera bodies. It is both lighter and shorter than its EF counterpart with enhanced operational features, balance and portability. It incorporates 5-stop IS and two Nano USM motors for fast and quiet AF operation.
- Best Professional Portrait Lens- Canon RF 85mm F1.2L USM (DS): Portrait, fashion, wedding and event photographers now have an exciting technology available for enhancing their work in a classic portrait focal length lens. Available in two versions, a standard and DS version incorporating Canon’s new vapor-deposited coating applied on two lens elements, dubbed Defocus Smoothing, has the effect of smoothing the edges of out of focus areas. This results in images made at wider apertures that display smooth bokeh free from bothersome artefacts that are uniquely beautiful.
- Best Vlogging Camera- Camera PowerShot G7 X Mark III: The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is a perfect step-up option for smartphone users who enjoy vlogging. It offers both Live Streaming services to YouTube and the capability to handle both standard and vertical format video, all made easy with a flip-up touch screen. True 4K cinematic quality can now be made in both live action and studio environments with the 1.0-Type sensor, wide aperture lens, and external microphone input. Still image quality is equally impressive, with a 20.1MP resolution, 20 fps burst rate and a 4.2X zoom lens with optical image stabilization. The Tripod Grip HG-100TBR is the ideal vlogging companion to the PowerShot G7 X Mark III, making it even more convenient to create great looking content.