Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, there have been many new trends in the recent light of events. These trends mostly include cooking different types of food while people are confined to their homes. One of these trends had people bombarding social media with pictures of them making the Banana Bread at home.
- The preparation time for this recipe is 15 mins.
- The cooking time for the Banana Bread is 1 hour 5 minutes.
- The recipe serves 12 people.
- The yield includes one loaf of bread.
- The bread can be served individually or with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Ingredients for Banana Bread
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of butter
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 2 large eggs; beaten
- 2 ⅓ cups of mashed (overripe) bananas
Directions for Banana Bread Recipe
- Firstly, the oven needs to be preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 175 degrees Celsius.
- While the oven is being heated, lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Loaf pans are used for baking bread. The greasing is done so that the mixture does not stick to the pan after baking is done.
- In a large bowl, prepare the mixture for the Banana Bread. First, sieve and mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Carefully mix it with a spoon or an egg-beater to form a well-incorporated mixture.
- In another bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Make sure to beat it till they are evenly combined, not leaving any granules of sugar behind. Break two eggs and put the mashed bananas into the mixture. Stir it well until it is well incorporated.
- When the mixture is well-blended, pour the mixture into the bowl where you made the mixture of flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir the batter evenly, so there are no lumps in the mixture, and all the flour is incorporated. Mix it well.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and put it in the oven.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the bread to check if the batter is raw. Check to see until the toothpick is clean on inserting in the middle. Once it comes out clean – the cake is ready.
- After the bread is baked, cool the bread in the pan itself. Then, turn out onto a wire rack.
The Banana Bread has a total calorie count of 228.9. It includes 8 percent protein of 3.8 gram, 11 percent carbohydrates of 34.8g, and 14 percent fat of 8.8g. The recipe also incorporates 6 percent of Vitalin A lu of 304.9IU. 18 percent of Niacin Equivalents of 2.3mg is also present, percent of Vitamin B6 of 0.2mg is also there. 6 percent Vitamin C of 3.8mg is also incorporated. Among other essentials, the Banana Bread recipe also includes 13 percent Folate, 2 percent Calcium, 7 percent Iron, 7 percent Magnesium, 6 percent Potassium, 9 percent Sodium, and 19 percent Thiamin. The total calories from fat are 79.6. The percentage is based on a 2000 calories diet.