Ate ka Chilla Recipe
“Mama, what are you packing for lunch today? When will you make that snack you learnt on TV the other day?”
That inquisitive smile on her kid’s face while he/she is getting ready for school make every mother’s heart go melt. She may even have to live with a guilt-ridden heart the whole day if she failed to pack any interesting snack for her child that day.
What to pack for school lunch? – This is a question that starts bothering every mother from the day she sends her kid to school. Though there are many options available on internet, but keeping in view of the norms of schools that strictly prohibit kids from bringing any unhealthy food for lunch, mothers are left to think of what healthy but yet tasty food she can pack for her kid.
Well, we can help you in this regard. As a mother of 2 toddlers who have just started attending playschool, I can very well understand what a big dilemma we all can be in. I chanced upon a simple dish while experimenting with different snacks and realized that I can keep this as an option while preparing lunch for the kids. I prepared chilla, but instead of using besan, I used wheat flour and lot of green vegetables. And the outcome was healthy but also lip-smacking. I was glad that my kids liked it a lot.
Try out this dish( ate ka chilla recipe) and do not forget to send me your suggestions –
Ingredients for Chilla
|Wheat Flour (Ata)||1 cup|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Salt as per taste|
|Red chilli powder||Half tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1 tsp|
|Chopped Onion||1 big|
|Chopped Tomato||1 big|
|Boiled peas||1 cup|
|Water||1 and a half cup|
Method of preparation
- Take wheat flour in a bowl and add all the chopped vegetables. Add to it salt, cumin seeds, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and turmeric. Sprinkle little oil to it and then mix water to make a fine batter.
- You have to keep mixing it gently so that there are no lumps formed. The consistency should be smooth flowing.
- Take a pan and pour oil to it. Take a ladle full of batter and pour it on the pan. Spread the batter gently on the pan with the back of the ladle so that it does not break.
- Keep the gas on a low flame. If required cover the pan with a lid till the base of the chilla is cooked.
- Flip and now repeat the same procedure on the other side too
- Once both the sides are cooked, remove it from the pan gently
Serve it warm
Read More :