My name Alka Priyaank Vishnoi. Cooking has always been my passion right from school days. I plan to open up my own restaurant one day. Apart from that, I love travelling and reading books.
Apple Bread Halwa is a sweet and crunchy recipe which will prove to be a treat to your taste buds. A very easy to make recipe this dessert can become the star of any celebration.
2. Bread Slices-2
3. Desi Ghee- 1/2 Katori
4. Dry Fruits(Raisin, Cashews, Almonds)-1/2 Katori
5. Coconut Sugar(you can also use white sugar or jaggery)- as per your taste
You can also skip the sugar completely and make your halwa sugar free
6. Cinnamon- 2-3
7. Suji- 2-3 Tbsp
1. Peel the apples and cut it into small pieces. Keep it aside.
2. Take the bread slices and break it into small pieces.
3. Put oil in kadhai (keep the flame low) and add the chopped apples.
4. Cover and cook for about 6-7 minutes. When the apples turn a little soft keep mashing them to make a smooth paste in the kadhai.
5. Add the bread pieces, suji and chopped dry fruits.
6. Keep cooking the apples for 2-3 minutes more, if required you can add very little water.
7. When the ghee starts leaving the mixture and the apples have turned golden, its time to turn off the flame.
8. Serve piping hot by adding more dry fruits on top.
By Alka Priyaank Vishnoi