Indian Lunch Box Recipes
Monsoons are a time to enjoy the beauty of rain and the amazing weather it brings along with it. As adults, you would want to sip your favourite cup of coffee or tea along with some spicy pakodas when it is raining cats and dogs outside, but have you ever thought what your kids would love to eat during the rainy season!
Remember, the monsoon season brings along with it a number of waterborne diseases such as viral fever, cold, jaundice, diarrhoea, malaria etc. and if you don’t want them to fall sick then make sure you feed your little ones with a balanced and healthy diet. In essence, you child’s diet must include foods that are rich in minerals and vitamins as it helps in boosting their immunity.
Here, discover some quick yet exciting lunch box recipes that your kids would love to indulge in during the wet weather conditions.
1. Potato Wedges (Baked): Almost every child is fond of potatoes. In fact, nothing delights them more than the idea of eating potatoes that are a delicious mix of different spices and crunchy on the outside. So, go ahead and prepare some baked potatoes wedges and pack them inside their tiffin along with hot & spicy tomato sauce.
Tip: If you do not have a microwave /oven at home, prepare the potato wedges in very little oil along with your choice of spices & salt.
2. Pav Bhaji: This recipe is sure to win you the love and admiration of your child. It tastes amazing and is also very filling, which means you will never have to worry about your children feeling hungry even after they’ve finished their lunch. Simply boil a variety of vegetables such as capsicum, potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower and beans together and mash them once they have cooled down. Fry the boiled vegetables in butter/oil along with some spices such as turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and pav bhaji masala and pack them along with some pav buns toasted on both sides.
Tip: Add drops of lemon juice to the bhaji to give it a tangy twist.
3. Bread Rolls: This recipe is both yummy and easy to prepare. Boil some potatoes & vegetables, add spices & salt and make small round shapes(or any other preferred shape) using the mixture. Cover them with breadcrumbs and fry them until they are golden brown. You can serve these mouth-watering rolls along with some chutney or tomato sauce to ensure that your children have a good time during the tiffin break.
Tip: You could replace the vegetables with egg/chicken in case your child is fond on non-veg rolls.
4. Paratha Wraps:Kids love their parathas, especially when you add some jam, sandwich spread or even sauce to them. So fry some soft parathas in ghee and spread some jam, sauce or sandwich spread on it to give them a tasty twist.
Tip: Add some cooked vegetables to the wrap to make the parathas more healthy & delicious.
5. Stuffed Idlis: Children love South Indian snacks and one of their most sought-after recipes is stuffed idlis. Keep the idli batter ready at night and pour the batter in idli making moulds along with some vegetables such as potatoes, capsicum, beans and carrots and steam them for a good 10-15 minutes. Once ready, pack the idlis along with coconut /chana dal chutney or even tomato sauce.
Tip: If you have sufficient time in hand, then you could even fry the idlis as fired idlis taste even better.
So, what do you have to say about these mouth-watering recipes? Do you feel they make a good monsoon lunch box recipe for your kids? Do share your feedback in the comment section below!
Read More :