If travelling is something that you are passionate about or associate with, then plan a trip to the north-eastern states of India. Travellers, around the globe, have fallen in love with the North-eastern states right on their first visit. While some admire them for their splendid mountain peaks, others love to explore the state for its ability to provide unlimited opportunities for fun & adventure.
Here, find a list of the top 5 North-eastern destinations for a vacation/ holiday with your loved ones.
1. The Magical Pelling in Sikkim: The first destination on our list is Pelling in Sikkim. If you are a lover of the Nepalese and Tibetan cuisine, then you ought to visit the town. However, that’s not the only reason why you should plan a holiday to Pelling. The town boasts of rich culture, breath-taking mountains such as Rathong, Kanchenjunga, Kabru North, Frey and many more.
After you have tasted the beauty and the panoramic views of the beautiful mountains, head straight to the Singshore Bridge-Asia’s 2nd highest gorge bridge or you can also take a short trip to the Pemayangtse Monastery, which isone of the oldest monasteries in Sikkim. If you crave for some peaceful moments, then check out the sacred and serene Khecheopalri Lake. Other places of interest in Pelling include the Rabdentse Ruins as well as the Sewaro Rock Garden.
2. The Captivating Haflong in Assam: Haflong in Assam will captivate and entice you! Away from the hustle and bustle of the city, Haflong is one of the most sought-after hill stations in the region that is blessed with spell-binding hillocks as well as clear and flowing streams.
Located around seven hours from Guwahati, the hill station is every nature lover’s ideal spot. After you have embraced the natural beauty of the town and finished your sight-seeing, you must visit the lake to enjoy some boating with your loved ones. Also, don’t forget to tour the Panimoor Waterfall and the Dimasa Mahila Samity Sibarai Mandir that are equally popular tourist places in Haflong.
3. The Adventure-filled Gangtok in Sikkim: When in Sikkim, you must plan a tour to Gangtok in Sikkim. It is your ideal getaway from the routine life. In fact, if adventure and hiking are at the back of your mind, then do visit the Nathu La as well as the Zero Point in the Yumathang Valley. Besides, there’s plenty of scope for some divine experience at Gangtok.
In fact, you love to visit monasteries then do pay a visit to the Pemayangtse Monastery. Other fun places that are ideal for a family getaway include the Tsomgo Lake, Saramsa Garden, Namgyal Institute of Tibetology and the Banjhakri falls and park.
4. The Marvellous Mokokchung in Nagaland: Ever heard of Mokokchung? Well, if you haven’t then you have certainly missed out an opportunity to explore the authentic culture, food and people of North-east. Mokokchung is regarded as a paradise in the North-eastern region and it sure is one.
It has several small villages and amazing sites such as the Ungma Village, Longkhum village and Langpangkong Caves where you can travel with your family& friends. Besides, you can always plan a visit to the Just a Venue Hill Resort, Metsuben Resort as well as the organic farm in Mokokchung.
5. The Scintillating Kohima in Nagaland: Another place worth visiting in Nagaland is Kohima. In fact, unlike other north-eastern destinations, Kohima has much to offer to the tourists. For instance, you will simply love its cool and scintillating ambience, especially during the winter season. Other exciting spots in the region include the Nagaland State Museum, the Catholic Catherderal, Zoological Park as well as the World War II cemetery. For those of you who enjoy trekking, Dzukou Valley, located around 20kms from Kohima is an ideal spot. Also, if you look forward to attending cultural events then you must participate in the popular Hornbill Festival held in the month of December to understand what true magic and excitement really feels like.